Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Uncle Sam Is My Friend

Just a week ago the stock market hit a slump, one that could have been a major hit to our economy. As a result of this stock market scare, the government will be issuing refund checks to we the people of the United States of America. What the financial experts are hoping is that we citizens spend the refund checks on goods and services, putting the money back into the economy. The end result? A healthier economy. Sounds like a good deal to me. An additional $1200 would definitely come in handy once Spring arrives. In my mind, I already have it spent.

But, until then, I need to figure out if Uncle Sam will be treating me right this year as far as taxes go. Since I started a home business this past year, our taxes will be performed a little bit differently than last year. My husband was able to input our information via TurboTax and call it a done deal. Let me tell you, it was WONDERFUL. We didn't need to shell out a couple hundred dollars to have a "professional" number cruncher complete our taxes for us.

TurboTax Is The Easy Way To Do Your Taxes. Do your taxes for free with TurboTax Online Free Edition - Start Now.

TurboTax is user-friendly and easy to understand. In other words, you don't have to be a math genius to work with TurboTax. (If I could do it, anyone can do it.)
I recommend it to anyone.

In the meantime I have been patiently waiting for my tax forms to get here. I am expecting them to have been sent out the end of January.
Tax Simple claims to be well...simple.
Tax Simple offers online individual tax preparation and e-filing to 135 million people in all 50 states. Tax Simple also offers online tax preparation to 18 million Corporate, S-Corporate, Partnership, Fiduciary, Exempt, and Estate business entities.

Most of the tax returns take less than 10 minutes to complete, which is always encouraging when completing a yearly task as taxes. I personally have not used Tax Simple but from looking at the product, it is a product I would be willing to try and is similar to TurboTax.
Do your taxes for FREE with TAX$IMPLE - the only Form based tax software. Start Now - It's Easy.


Every year I have come out on top with my taxes, receiving money in return. My fingers are crossed for this year's return with hopes that Uncle Sam will continue to be my friend.



No comments: