Monday, January 14, 2008

Another Reason to Party

I'm not a big football fan. However, I do know the basics and I do know that this time of year is THE time for playoffs. Excitement is building to see which two teams make it to the "big show". To me, it doesn't matter who the teams are in the championship game, but rather the party itself. Any excuse to get people together to socialize, eat, and be merry is my idea of a good time.

So here's what I know. I am aware that the NFL playoffs are taking place and from what I hear the Packers are performing extremely well. As far as any other team, I have no clue, nor care.

I'm thinking OUR house might be the location of the Superbowl events simply because I caved in and allowed a 52" beast of a television into our living room. However, I will not disapprove as I, the party planner that I am, am actually looking forward to this year's events.

So, how can you plan a Superbowl Party without having to burn a hole in your pocketbook?

Once You Know, You Newegg

1. My first suggestion would be to make a list of everyone that you plan to invite to the party. Since you are hosting the event at your place, it wouldn't hurt to ask your guests if they would be willing to bring a specialty of theirs. For example, have John Doe bring some queso dip. Ask Susie Q to bring a couple bags of chips. Ask Mork and Mindy to bring the buffalo wings.

$5 Off $100 Coupon! Click Here!


Depending on how many guests you have, there won't be a lot you will have to provide for them. If you are a guest invited to a SuperBowl party, be generous and ask the host what you can bring to the party to share with everyone. This is common courtesy and will make it a lot easier on your host.

2. Have a room dedicated just to the football watchers, simply because they aren't going to want random conversations as background noise to interrupt their game-watching. Perhaps, have a comfy room just for those who want to visit and munch on snacks.

3. Depending on how hardcore of a party planner you are, opt for decorations featuring colors of the two teams vying for the SuperBowl championship title. This is bound to create a very festive ambiance for your guests. Think color-coordinating napkins, streamers, plates, etc. You can find all of these items at a dollar store or at a party store.

4. Don't stress! This is supposed to be fun! Sometimes people get carried away with their parties making sure everyone is enjoying themselves. Don't get me wrong, it is important to make sure your guests are having fun, but you are supposed to have fun too! Stressing yourself out only leads to an unhappy host.

In close, when it comes time to host your SuperBowl party or attend one for that matter, remember your p's and q's. It isn't required that you be a football fan to enjoy the SuperBowl. It's just another reason to party and enjoy the company of others, both those screaming at the big screen television and those who would rather be dipping chips in queso.



No comments: