Saturday, December 1, 2007

Making a List and Checking It Twice

'Tis the season for gift giving and creating the trusty ole' Christmas gift list. Some of us write down our Christmas list in an organized fashion, while others choose to store those individuals in their mind. Years ago, I experienced what happens when you choose the latter. It is a last-minute shuffle to get that gift and cause for more stress than needed.

Personally, it is now extremely necessary for me to write each person's name down along with gift ideas for each individual next to their name. Once I locate a deal or purchase a gift for an individual, I simply put a check next to their name. This helps me stay focused and concentrated on each person on my list. Husband? check. Daughter? check. Son? Check.

I love shopping for others and finding the right gift for each person on my list. This year I have 15 individuals on my list that I will be buying actual gifts for, while the remainder of the list will be receiving Christmas cards. Creating that list isn't the difficult part, it is budgeting and searching for the right gift that is the challenging part.

Going on the third year now, the majority of my shopping will take place online. Taking advantage of the free shipping deals and other bargains many online retailers have to offer definitely can be worth it. And, if you can dig up the deals, you won't have to break the bank this Christmas or rack up your credit card debt in the process.

Is your list complete? Have you remembered your children's teacher? Your neighbor? What about your grandmother? Make your list, check it twice, and be sure to write down a few ideas for each person. Once you have looked over your list, it is time for the nitty gritty. The fun of finding those special gifts begins now!



No comments: